Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Madness is winding Down

I thought about starting my post with... "Well", but I've been told I start every post that way. So I won't. It's almost the end of March and an exciting opportunity is just around the corner. To say I'm nervous is an understatement of what I'm feeling, but I know that it will all be good in the end. On Monday I begin a two week long process of Ministry Team Roads. I know it's going to be challenging and I know I am going to learn a lot from it. I think it's the "it's going to be challenging" part that makes me nervous. But, I am excited too. If I go through this process well, I may be accepted to stay at Teen Mania for a third year. It would look very different than anything I've done so far, but I know it would be good. Even though I'm not quite seeing how everything is fitting together as I am going through it, as I look back over last year, and the things I have learned so far this year, I can see a connection in the process, and I am grateful to know I am not the same person I was two years ago.
Last night I helped my sister from last year with leading her Core. It was on compromise. She shared a great quote by C.S. Lewis from The Screwtape Letters:
 "Indeed the safest road to hell is the gradual one --the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts..." 
See, it's not the big compromises, you know, the ones that everyone calls us out on, that hinder our walk with the Lord. No, those are usually corrected quickly. It's the small ones, the compromise that goes seemingly unnoticed that leaves us wondering why we can't hear the Lord or why life seems to be going so bad. While I helped lead core, I always seem to get a little something for myself out of it as well. It challenged me to think about what areas I may be compromising in. I hope it does the same for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment