Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update on the hard decisions


In my last post I eluded to some challenging decision that I was facing. Well I'm on the other side of those decisions now so I thought I would explain more. I was going through the process of deciding about staying next year. I had two opportunities, but neither was a for sure thing. Then, I found out that I had been accepted to do both programs. I had an opportunity to stay another year in The School of Worship where I would have been touring or I could stay with the Ministry Team. I have decided to stay and do Ministry Team. Yes, it's that thing that I'm constantly talking about even though I'm not a part of it, so I suppose it's only fitting that I will be a part of it for next year. I will be touring around the country with about 30 other people and we will be responsible for setting up the Acquire the Fire events as well as making sure everything runs smoothly throughout the events.  It seems so crazy that I have been called to walk away from music and all of that, but I know that it is only for a season and  that while I won't have the constant opportunities to play that I did this year, there will hopefully still be opportunities to play sometimes.
Though this whole decision making there is one thing that has been constant. The Lord's faithfulness. There were many points in my decision where I was asking the Lord what He wanted me to do and I would just sit and be overwhelmed by His faithfulness in answering those prayers. It was even more overwhelming looking back to see how He pieced all of those things together to make it even more clear.
His revelation of His characteristics to me has been so amazing. I can't wait to see the things He will continue to reveal as I continue a Relentless Pursuit of Him over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment