Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's Been a LONG Time

Hello! Yes, I am still alive. And I am truly sorry it has been so long since my last post. Though, I am glad to say that there are several good reasons (or excuses... see them as you will) that I have not been posting; and that's what this post shall be about. ALL of the things I have been doing (in summary form of course) that have kept me from blogging.
In May - I spent a weekend hanging out with my family core, we went to a couple of different lakes... and that's a long story, but let's just say it was an adventure, and of course made memories. The next weekend (which was an extended one) was the School of Worship GI retreat. We went to a camp ground by Houston and had a great time relaxing and being refreshed in the Lord without the business of campus. Needless to say, the month of May found me in a season of enjoying the weather before it got too hot!
Now lets venture into June - the first weekend of June we had the Celebration LTE, where we were able to CELEBRATE everything we have accomplished this year as well as how much we have grown. We have somewhat of an... Olympic competition... though we have some novelty competitions like pie eating to make it a bit more fun. I worked the next couple of days, then had the joy of being able to go home for a two week vacation. While the long drive home was less that fun, I did get to break it up over a couple of days, of which I was greatful. Driving through the hottest part of the day would not have been fun with no A/C. I'm glad to say I have a wonderful dad who worked hard while I was home and I got to come back to campus with A/C fully functional. When I got back to campus the summer schedule was in full swing. That means I'm working odd hours, sometimes 6 days a week for a few hours each day, sometimes only 3 or 4 days a week with much longer days. Needless to say that keeps me busy and on my toes.
In the midst of all my work business I am learning to fight for time to develop myself outside of the classes and sessions we have. I just finished reading Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere. It was a good book, and I would recommend it to any women looking for something to inspire you. I'm now diving into a second book and have weekly goals set for the rest of the summer, this is a new adventure, and it's proven to be a difficult one... but I know I am going to grow and for that I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment