Monday, May 27, 2013

Relentless Pursuit

As many people who follow my blog know, I've been touring this year with Acquire The Fire. The theme of this year was Relentless Pursuit. When spring tour started we read a book by John Bevere (check out his Bio here John Bevere Bio ) While that one was required, I pursued further reading... and interestingly enough, John Bevere wrote a book called Relentless. It seemed all too fitting to read since it had the same title as our tour.

Relentless was a challenging book to read. It took me several months to read because I had to keep reading everything over to know that I truly understood what was being said. Not that the words were too big, or unclear, but if nothing else, one thing is for sure, Relentless will challenge the way you think and believe, and more importantly why you believe that way. John Bevere does an excellent job of backing up his statements with several scriptures. What each person gets out of this book is related to where they are at in life, but the beautiful thing is, no matter what stage of life you're in, there's something in this book for you.
If you're looking for a book that will give you a jump start to a deeper relationship with the Lord, this is it!
Check out the first chapter here. I think you'll be hooked.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment