Monday, February 20, 2012

No Clever titles

Well, it's been a while, so what's been happening.... well, to work my way backwards... I'm super excited for tonight... but I can't say why yet or I'll ruin a surprise. This weekend the interns had their Fasting LTE.  Blaise Foret was here and it was amazing. One night he talked about the cross and had some really good things to say that reminded me of the reason I started the blog in the first place -- because I want the cross. I want to make that DAILY choice of Jesus and the life I have in Him.  A lot of lives were changed and it was so good to be able to be a part of that.
I have been reading through the book The Pursuit of Holiness and it has been changing my perspective and giving me profound revelation not only in the way that I look at holiness but also about how those around me see it and it's making a lot of things make sense.
The following are a couple of exerts from the book.

"To regard wickedness is to cherish some sin, to love it to the extent that I am not willing to part with it.  I know it is there, yet I justify it in some way like the child who says, "Well, he hit me first."  When we are holding on to some sin, we are not pursuing holiness and we cannot have fellowship with God."
"Whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind--that thing is sin to you. Susannah Wesley"

Another exciting thing is just around the corner... ok, well maybe not so exciting, but it seems to be a milestone in my life that the Lord is working me toward..... something that we affectionately call... MARCH MADNESS. No, I'm not talking about basketball. I'm talking about March 1st... the all important date when August Graduate interns (with some exceptions) are allowed to date! Now don't be overly excited, most of March madness is hype for something that doesn't really happen. Sure, you'll see a few people start to date, but they are definitely the minority. So... that being said why do I bring it up? Well, like I said, it is a milestone in my life. I'm not exactly positive what this milestone is, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with contentment. See, up til this point not dating has been a rule... not a choice, so all I had to do was submit to the rule. When March rolls around, that all changes. It's no longer a rule that I must submit to, but it is something that I will have to learn to be content with not dating. How do I know that I will not be dating? Well, I don't and there IS a longing within me to have someone, to know that I am being pursued by someone who will love me in the way that I have learned to be loved, and learned to love. So I am open, but looking at my friendships with guys, I just don't see it happening in 10 days. Guess we'll just have to see what madness happens when March rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment