Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dr Shibley Sessions

As I mentioned in my last post there was more to come from sessions we had last Thursday and Friday. Dr. Shibley came in to speak to us. He talked about starting well and the importance of the foundations, serving well and the disciplines that requires, and the seven voices that will change your life. Below are just a few things that stood out to me.

  • A career you can steer; a calling will drive you
  • When all that we are and do is God's, we live at our utmost for His highest
  • Integrity involves a whole person, when the person you are in private (1/2) and the public perception (1/2) are the same
  • Our number one priority should be to connect with God daily. This is not legalism; it's loyalty. 
  • Don't look at if you're ahead or behind, look toward the finish line and run with all the speed you have
I started my Music theory class this week. That is going to be a challenge as all of the Januaries and 3rd years are in Music Theory 2 and all the new GIs are in Pre-music theory. I'm at a music theory 1 or 1.5 level... meaning I was put in music theory 2 and will have some catching up to do. This year will frequently bring challenges... this is just another example and I'm learning how to handle them as they come, with Joy and an attitude that the Lord knows what He is doing. The PEARL starts a week from today. Be excited for my post-PEARL blog as it should hold a lot of lessons learned. Be in prayer, I know what I am facing with the PEARL and I know it will be challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment