Thursday, September 1, 2011

It takes a lot of hard work to make something look easy

Today Ron Luce spoke to the interns. I'm really loving being on the production crew as it allows me to hear all of the sessions and refresh what I learned last year. Today he was talking about the parable of the servants and how that relates to our gifts. He shared a story that he was talking with Rich Mullins and asked how Rich wrote the song "Our God is an Awesome God" and Rich Mullins replied - a lot of hard work. Which leads me to the title, it takes a lot of hard work to make something look easy. I'm seeing this as a theme in my life right now. Last year I saw Graduate Interns (GIs) as having it easy with an easier schedule blah blah blah, but now, being on the other side I realize how hard it truly is. It's a lot of sacrifice. It's a lot of hard work, and it's a lot of service. When teens go to Acquire The Fire (ATF) all they see is the finish product of all that the Ministry Team (MT) has done. With two of my old roommates on MT this year I am getting to see how much hard work truly goes into it.  I also have one of my roommates who stayed as a Core Adviser (CA) and the responsibility there is hard work. It's also hard work to be an armor bearer for a CA. This is a personal lesson I am learning. Last year it looked easy, like all you had to be is a good friend, but it's a lot more than that. It requires time and effort and support and sometimes being willing to be a leader even when it's uncomfortable and you don't think it's your responsibility.
Exciting opportunities: The undergraduate interns participate in a Life Transforming Event previously called ESOAL (Emotionally Stretching Opportunity of A Lifetime), now the PEARL (Physical Emotional and Relational Learning). Last year I participated but did not finish. I have the opportunity to participate once again this year and I have set out to finish. Not finish by my own strength but relying on God and all that He has taught me in the last year.  This year I have the opportunity to record songs (which I am required to write 4 of each month) I have the opportunity to learn new instruments and I have the opportunity to continue to be SOLD OUT to God and pursue Him and His plans for my life. I'm so excited to work hard this year. And if you think it was easy... then I will have done what I have set out to do.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Blogging is a great tool to write out what you have learned and sometimes it helps to put it to memory. For me it does. Everyone learns differently. I miss you so much and wish you were home.... thats my selfish side... on the other hand I want you to do Gods work forever and be where He calls you to be. Thats what keeps me going is just knowing you are where you are called to be. I love you sister. Hope your home for Black Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete