Friday, September 23, 2011

More lessons from the PEARL

It's been another crazy week in SOW world. I played for Chapel and Encounter service this week and as soon as I blinked I was preparing for the Fasting Session and Encounter service next week. But, enough excuses about why I haven't written more, let's get to it.
Lesson 2 from the PEARL: First to set up the situation, there is an obstacle course that we have to run, it has tires and over-unders and over-overs, as well as a bunch of walls to climb over. I know that I lack upper body strength, I have for my entire life, I was never the kid that played on the monkey bars or could pass the pull up test in gym. I knew that this Obstacle course was going to be a challenge, and honestly I had myself convinced I wasn't going to be able to do it. I'm very excited to say that I did finish. The lesson in this comes in that I couldn't finish on my own. I had to rely on my team, and their strengths to make up for my weaknesses. It was hard to be open and honest to even admit that I didn't think I could do it. There was a lot of relational learning that happened. I had to trust my team that when they said they would help me with something they really would help me. This brought a sense of unity to the team as well as a sense of self accomplishment.

More to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment