Monday, September 5, 2011

Food Allotment

Well, today is my last day to eat in the Caf before I have to start paying for it. I received my food allotment. :-) This also means I have done my first shopping for food, it was exciting and challenging. This will be a great experience to help me budget.
The weather is finally starting to cool off a little. Highs are only supposed to be in the 90's this week (we'll see if that holds true). Now, we just need some rain. Ok, not some rain.... we need a lot of rain. But I'm hesitant to ask for it now that the PEARL is only 9 days away. Rain during the PEARL could make things rather miserable. Trusting that the Lord has it under His control though, and whatever needs to happen is what is going to happen.
I don't think I've filled anyone in on my living situation for this year, so here goes. I'm living in an small house that has been converted for a more dorm style living. I have one roommate and there are a total of 9 people living in my house. The adjustment from 5 roommates to 1 has been rather interesting. It's interesting the place where I am in life. It seems like every little thing that I am having to adjust to has a new life lesson in it for me. Some are rather hard to see while others are quite evident. When I had to learn the GI Treaties I knew it was there for a reason, I just didn't know how true it would be. More to come soon from some sessions we had on Thursday and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment